7 Simple Yet Effective Food Guidelines to Fat Loss
When it comes to most things in my life, I tend to take the KISS approach.
From how I eat, to the way I train my body, from my bedroom design, to the clothes I wear and the relationships I keep.
I like to…Keep It Simple Stupid.
And basically, what that means to me, is avoiding unnecessary complexity in my life.
- I like having less “stuff” vs. unnecessary clutter and materialist goods.
- I like having a hand-full of really close, meaningful friendships vs. a plethora of acquantinces.
- I like cooking simple meals vs. elaborate courses.
Life is so much easier and happier when we keep things…
And I find this even more applicable when it comes to fitness and nutrition.
In my experience working with training clients over the last 6 years, I have learned that the simpler your programs the more effective they are.
To help explain, let me define what I mean by simple and effective:
Simple (sim-pul), adj/noun: Easy to understand, easy to use; Not complicated or complex.
Effective (if-fec-tiv), adj: Adequate to accomplish a purpose; Producing the intended or expected result
You see, when your workout plans and nutrition guidelines are simple, people can understand and follow along with ease. Most people are totally confused when it comes to fitness slash nutrition, that the more complicated your plan, the less likely you are to stick with it.
This leads to information overload. Your brain gets bogged down with too much to follow, and you basically become paralyzed.
When you can actually understand and follow a simple plan, you are more likely to adhere to the guidelines, which increases your chance for success, thus allowing you to reach your goals.
The KISS approach to health works beautifully for the vast majority of people, whom, basically just want to look good, feel healthy and be confident in their own body.
Most of us aren’t training for contests, or competitions or photo shoots so we don’t need to follow restrictive dietary guidelines.
However, most of us are training to look hot in our skirts for Saturday night, to feel sexy while being intimate with our significant other, and to feel confident when walking in and out of a room.
And if this sounds like something you want, here are…
My 7 Simple Food Guidelines To Fat Loss
1. Eat organic whenever possible.
2. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day. (Example: You weigh 150 lbs = 75 ounces of water a day.)
3. Eat plenty of healthy fats that come from sources like avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, fish oil, fats from pastured meats, eggs, and raw dairy.
4. Choose greens over grains.
5. Eat a carbohydrate, protein and fat source with every meal.
6. Minimize your consumption of processed carbohydrates, sugar and alcohol.
7. Allow yourself to indulge occasionally.
It really can be this simple. Do these 7 things daily, and you’ll be surprised at the results you see.
Just remember…keep it simple!